Thank you for your interest in providing our students with meals. Here is a little bit more information:
There will not be a meeting prior to the 16th, but if you would like a tour, please contact me: 713-955-7557
What we expect from our food vendor:
- Hot foods individually sealed and ready for consumption
- Disposable utensils, with salt and pepper packets
- Milk and/or Water
-A printed and complete Production Record for every day.
Our facility is not a full-service campus. We have a 36 tray proofer/warmer with a max temperature of 180*. We do not have a milk refrigerator.
Questions and Answers
- Why is A+ UP issuing a RFP after the start of the school year? -- We are still completing the NSLP application but needed to be in compliance with the RFP process.
- Are hot delivered meals required? -- Hot meals are not required but preferred, but frozen meals are not acceptable.
- Meals that are cooked off-site, delivered hot and ready to serve -- yes. We do not have any type of kitchen. Just a proofer, if needed.
- Please confirm there are no breakfast meals - No breakfasts.
- What is the Free and Reduced Priced %? - We are in the process of figuring that out now. Last year we were over 70%. This year will be pretty close but not over.
- Is there a pre-bid meeting? - 9/13 at 400pm.
- When will a site visit be scheduled? -- 9/12 at 400PM
- Page 3 # 14 states all questions are due Friday 9.13; we request the due date be extended at least one week because questions will not be answered by the published 9.16 due date. -- I cannot extend these dates.
- What are the current lunch price=s charged by your current provider? I will not disclose that information, because we are not in NSLP yet.
- What is the daily delivery window? Delivery is by 1100am.
- Please send a copy of the October 2018 claim forms - This is our first year and do not have 10/2018 forms to send.
As questions are asked they will be posted here daily.